After having a kid, new mothers tend to get so wrapped around taking care of the needs and wants of their little infants that they often lose themselves in the process. This is completely understandable because there is a whole lot of responsibility that comes with motherhood that doesn’t really allow you time to scratch your head let alone think about your fashion choices. However, there are some very simple and easy how a mom can look put together with some very practical clothing choices that allow for flexibility and comfort. In this article, we will give you some simple tips that you can incorporate in your daily life as a mom.
Wearing clothes that fit you well
We totally get if you don’t want to wear that pair of skinny jeans that stops your blood flow but you should not always have to resort to sweatpants just because of how comfortable they are. There are a lot more comfortable options out there that will also make you look fashionable at the same time. Some of these clothing items include:
- A light wash pair of mom jeans. This is denim, yes, but it will give you a lot of room to move around freely and also highlight the best aspects of your body. Simply roll the ends of the jeans, and it will add a great touch to your entire outfit.
- Midi skirts. Just because you are a mom, does not mean your skirt wearing days are behind you. Midi skirts that are flowy are a great way to spice up your look while also looking conservative at the same time. And they are also incredibly comfortable on a hot day.
- Basic coloured t shirts. You will be surprised what a basic white t shirt can do to your look if it fits you in the right way. This doesn’t mean that your shirts have to figure hugging, a well fitting shirt will accentuate your assets while also allowing you room to breathe and move around.
- Yoga pants. You should have a pair of yoga pants in your wardrobe because they are incredibly comfortable but still look super stylish at the same time. Invest in a nice pair of yoga pants for that yoga mom chic look.
- Slides. A black pair of slides are in trend and will work with every outfit, and they are also incredibly convenient because you just have to slip your feet in without wasting any time on laces.
Minimal make up and accessories
If you want to head out and run a few errands, there are some things you can do to freshen up your face so that you don’t look like you got 4 hours of sleep the previous night (which is exactly what happened).
- Little bit of mascara goes a long way. This will immediately make your eyes pop and add freshness to your face
- Lip and cheek tint. This is just one product and it is all you need to bring some natural colour to your face making you look more alive and ready for the day.
- Dangly earrings. One piece of accessories is all you need to tie up your entire look together, and make it seem like you spent hours on getting ready when you barely even spent 5 minutes.